We have been practicing social distancing for some time now and understand that some of the protocols set out by the province make the enjoyment of our club a little more difficult. Please be assured that your Board of Directors is continually reviewing and updating the policies and monitoring requirements as set out by the Province. Please continue to monitor the emails sent out by the club and checking this page frequently as we will be regularly updating as our safety protocols change.
Below are the social distancing and safety protocols put in place by the OFHC for everyone’s safety as regulated by the Province of Ontario.
- Social distancing to be practiced at all times, members shall remain 2 meters (6ft) apart
- Masks are required:
- Inside the clubhouse.
- Entering or exiting the benches.
- When you are unable to maintain 2 meters distance from other members.
Note, masks are not required while actively shooting if they impede your ability to safely operate a firearm. Please see the Mandatory Mask Clarification update.
- The clubhouse is closed for all activities except:
- Administrative uses.
- Two people are permitted in the clubhouse at any given time for membership renewals, both members must wear masks while in the clubhouse.
- Sign-in sheets and targets will be moved to an open area
Guest & Family Member Privileges:
- All guest privileges are currently suspended
- Family members are limited to one member at a time per bench and confined to the bench.
- Members may only shoot from benches designated open for use.
- Members are prohibited from using a closed bench for any use
- Store firearms not in use directly behind your bench. Do not use the rifle racks|
- The following are suspended until further notice
- All competitions have been temporarily suspended
- Food and beverage sales (including vending machines) have been temporarily suspended
- There may be time limits placed on bench use depending on how busy we are.
Please use common sense and respect all of the volunteers helping to run the club (RSO’s, etc.). In addition to the above protocols:
You are responsible for your own safety. If you wish to wear any PPE in addition to the required mask, they will be your responsibility to provide.
A small amount of PPE is available for volunteers (RSOs, etc.).